We offer you to break away from the city bustle and relax in the style of art & wine! That's why Ivan and Alla Plachkovs, co-owners of the family winery "Kolonist", Garna Gallery and Tetyana ta Kateryna Ocheredʹko, animators of the world's first animated film "Loving Vincent", prepared for you a Wine & Gogh Painting Workshop to be held on September 13-14, 2019 at the Kolonist winery (Krynychne village, Odesa region).
Artists Tetyana ta Kateryna Ocheredʹko are among the 150 best young artists from Ukraine, the Art Contest in the Social Network (SNAC), San Francisco, USA. Artists-animators of the world's first animated film "Loving Vincent" nominated for the Oscars (BREAKTHRU FILMS studio, Gdansk, Poland). Participants of 20 international exhibitions, competitions in painting and graphic arts.
Ivan Plachkov - Minister of Fuel and Energy of Ukraine, Governor of the Odessa region in the past, and now a well-known winemaker, the founder of the family winery "Kolonist" in his native village Krynychne. Named a winery in honor of Bulgarian settlers, who almost 200 years ago received the status of free citizens - "colonists".
Alla Plachkova is a co-owner of the family winery "Kolonist", a certified sommelier of the 3rd level Wine & Spirit Education Trust in London, a wine expert, and a creative person who just loves to draw! Alla has already realized a lot of creative projects at the winery in collaboration with well-known artists: the paintings of the outer walls of the winery, the painting of ceilings in the stone hall, the decoration of old barrels for wine, the design of a 3-meter fireplace mosaic. All this can be seen with your own eyes.
Garna Gallery is an art gallery and creative workshop whose team is working on the generation of creative ideas and their implementation. The main activity is the organization of art events, the formation of private collections, the design of space works of art, the development of exclusive souvenir products, art installations, writing tales, social and charitable projects.
The program of the art weekend
The first part ... GOGH
(Sept. 13, 2019, 11:00 - 20:00)
· Meeting of the participants of the master class at the railway station in Izmail, transfer to the hotel, hotel accommodation.
· Meeting of the participants of the master class in Krynychne village at the Kolonist winery.
· Open-air lunch with a panorama of vineyards and a lake with traditional national dishes of the Danubian Bessarabia.
· The first part of the 4-hour painting master class, beginning at 12:00. Master class with painters Tetyana and Kateryna Ocheredʹko. You must choose one of the two proposed works of the great wizard, the technique: a canvas, oil paints. During the master class, you will have a story about the work of Van Gogh and his uniqueness as an artist, the secrets of his style, the secrets of his drawing techniques, the foundations of painting oil paints. The master class will be held on the plein air, right on the lake Yalpuh, the largest freshwater lake in Ukraine.
· 14:00 -15:00 coffee-break in the tasting room (break during the master class).
· The second part of the 4-hour master class. An exciting story about the creation of a film from the painters Tetyana and Kateryna Ocheredʹko.
· 17:30-19:00 Dinner in the "Kolonist" tasting hall with traditional Bessarabian dishes. The main course of the evening is curban (baked young lamb with bulgur).
· 19:30 Introductory speech by the artists and story about the film. Animated film "Loving Vincent" screening, officially provided by KINOVE, an independent distributor of copyright, intellectual and aesthetic cinema in Ukraine. This unforgettable creative cinema atmosphere will be restored on the open-air wineries terrace with unsurpassed views of the vineyards with candles and wines.
· Exchange thoughts and impressions after an art weekend, discussion of the film!
· Transfer Krynychne - Izmail. Overnight at the hotel.
The second part WINE ... & ...
(Sept. 14, 2019, 10:00-20:00)
· Transfer from hotel in Izmail at 10:00 to Krynychne village. Meeting of the participants of the master class in the Krynychne village at the Kolonist winery. Congratulatory coffee with traditional pastries in the tasting room.
· Excursion to the history of the formation of the winery; acquaintance with a specificities Ukrainian terroir, where high-quality grapes are born; the secrets of growing and the peculiarities of the vineyard processing system.
· Harvesting. After the gathering, everyone will press the grapes with their legs on the old technology in special wooden sharapans.
· Excursion to the winery's sweatshops - the secrets of the technology of production and uniqueness of the Kolonist wines.
· Advanced professional tasting of Colonist wines, grape oil and balsamic vinegar. Master class is held personally by Ivan and Alla Plachkovs.
· Tour the historic hall, collection cellars and sparkling wine production.
· Visiting the production of grape oil and balsamic vinegar.
· Supper in the fireplace hall of the Kolonist family winery with candles, from ancient Bessarabian dishes based on a local lamb.
· Transfer Krynychne - Izmail. Overnight at the hotel.
Cost: 5000 UAH per person (when booking two places at the same time - 9 000 UAH).
Number of seats is limited.
The cost includes: 2 days of stay at the winery (meals, excursions with tasting, harvesting), a 4-hour master-class, materials for the master class, delivery of the work after drying out to Kyiv (at the request of the participant) in Garna Gallery, revision of the licensed, an animated film "Loving Vincent" in Ukrainian, the transfer Izmail (station-hotel) - Krynychne - vineyards - Izmail during two days.
Participants organize themselves their way to Izmail, as well as stay in the city of Izmail. Distance from Izmail to the Kolonist Winery is 25 km. The cost includes transfer to Izmail - Krynychne - Izmail. Getting to the city of Izmail can be directly by train Kyiv - Izmail. There is a comfortable minibus from Odesa every half hour.
For more information and for booking places please call: 044 499 40 21 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For your convenience, we recommend the hotel in Izmail:
Hotel "Bessarabia" - 067-444-87-71
This hotel has a 5% discount for guests staying at the "Kolonist" winery.